Leonie; part time student, full time caffeine addict
reading list

Friday 7 February 2014

A part of me

When I was younger, English was the easiest subject I could name. Reading, writing recounts, and spelling tests. Not really something I particularly enjoyed. But that was all to change when I first stepped into BT10 for my first English lesson of year eight.
At first I was taken aback. Creative writing and grammar lessons were thrown out the window as I was introduced to analytical thinking and writing. And essays. God forbid the day I was set my first essay task. But as time went on, I grew to love English more and more. Sure, it had its downsides, like Mrs Bevin's jump at spelling and doing nothing BUT English when no other teachers would send me work when I was sick, but the positives will always outweigh the negatives.
In taking extension English, I hope to further my insight into English and develop a writing style of my own (and of course speak my very opinionated mind as often as possible). Journalism is one of the many career paths I have ummed and ahhed about, so extending my writing capabilities could definitely assist me in that endeavour.
If there's one thing I could use to describe myself, it would be that I'm an activist. For everything. I'm 100% vegan, organise my rubbish into recycling and garbage, and will never fail to have a go at anyone who makes a sexist/racist comment, although you probably already know that judging by my rants in class. Apart from that, I like plants, coffee, art magazines, La Dispute, and expensive clothes. I'm sure there's more to me than that, but I'm not good at describing myself or my interests, plus you'll all figure it out yourselves by the end of 2015.

So that's a piece of me, and a very tentative start to my blog.  I hope to be able to look back on mine and your blogs in two years time and see the growth that we have all made both as a person and as a writer. But until next time, farewell.

1 comment: